To start using Instagram content on your social wall, you'll need:
An Instagram business account (NOT personal and NOT creator account)…
… that is connected to a Facebook page
❗️ Please note, that this is a strict requirement by Instagram that we can't workaround!
Please note that you will be redirected to Facebook while connecting your Instagram account since Instagram and Facebook are owned by the same company and are accessed through the same API (=application programming interface for tools like ours).
How to verify if an Instagram account is a Business account?
Open the Instagram App on a smartphone logged in with the account in question
Go to your profile
Click the hamburger menu at the top right
Click the settings menu (gearwheel on the bottom right)
Click the settings item "Account"
If you can see options to "switch to personal account" and "switch to creator account" - then it's a business account! :)
If you can see an option to "switch to a business account": then it is NOT a business account!
Necessary settings on Facebook for connecting Instagram:
1. The logged-in Facebook user must appear as an Administrator in "Page roles" at https://www.facebook.com/PAGENAME/settings/?tab=admin_roles
2. The IG tab must appear in the settings and display the connected account: https://www.facebook.com/PAGENAME/settings/?tab=instagram_management
If for some reason a button/link at the top of this settings page says:
Switch to Business Account: do it! For example, this can be the case if the account was switched to a Creator Account.
Account link not complete/missing permissions (or anything like that): click through all the steps! For example, this can be the case if the account was not linked properly because of changes in permissions of the administrator FB-account.
If an IG account doesn't appear in the IG tab, then it's not properly connected to a FB page!
If an IG Business account is not connected to a respective FB page, follow the instructions from IG HC on how to connect a FB page: https://help.instagram.com/570895513091465
Don't forget to check the permissions on Facebook:
❗️Make sure you have granted Walls.io full access rights on the Facebook Business Integrations page. Don't worry: we cannot and will never publish to your page or account.
1. Click "view and edit" on the Walls.io integration at: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
2. Make sure you have granted us full access rights to Walls.io for all relevant Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts (that you want to connect):
❌ If granting full access rights on FB Business Integrations page doesn't work, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and delete Walls.io completely from your authorized business tools
2. Go to https://app.walls.io/me#connections and reconnect to Instagram
If you don't have a social wall yet, it's time to create one!
3. When the Facebook authentication dialog appears, click on "Continue as your FB name" and in the next step, please, select the Instagram account you want to add:
4. Afterwards, please, choose the Facebook page that is connected to your Instagram account:
5. Make sure to grant full access rights to walls.io:
6. The next step is to press "Ok" and voila - it should be connected!
In case you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact the support team via the chat or email@example.com!